Harrah Early Learning Center is a 3-Star DHS child care center with National Association of Childcare Accreditation. We provide before and after-school care and childcare for children birth-13 years old in the Harrah, McLoud, and Choctaw area. Harrah Early Learning Center is part of Harrah Church. We use curriculum and Focus Portfolios in our classrooms designed to meet Early Learning Guideline criteria. We work along side state and regional agencies in the continuing education of our teachers and hiring of new staff.
We currently transport children to the following public schools:
- Harrah Public Schools
- McLoud Public Schools
- IME in Choctaw
- Kickapoo Head Start buses children to and from our Center.
Our vision is to provide excellent environments for children to grow in.
- The Harrah Early Learning Center exists to develop the skills and character of the next generation by providing positive, nurturing, Christian environments for children to grow in.
- We place value on building character as well as competency in our children.
- We believe that positive outcomes can be achieved through positive interactions with others that reinforce the decision-making process, in additional to social, emotional, and physical development.
- We want to help children learn to make wise choices.
- We want to provide consistency to the environments, staffing, education, and interaction with children that led to positive outcomes throughout their formative years.
Assistant Director Britany Vaughn
Director Jeremy Davidson
Assistant Director: Britany Vaughn – email@example.com
Director: Jeremy Davidson – Jeremy@HarrahChurch.org
The Learning Philosophy at Harrah Church is designed to create excellent environments for children to grow in. We value:
- Children, families and our staff.
- Age-appropriate curriculum that sets a standard for later learning.
- Recognizing and accommodating all children’s individual characters, abilities, cultures, languages, and communities.
- Character is an important aspect of the development of a child.
- A child’s community includes caregivers and the other children that they spend their day with.
- Developmentally-age and individual/group standards that promote social, emotional, verbal, physical, and cognitive development for all children.
- Supporting families by respecting diversity and family support.
- A quality work and learning environment for our teachers.
- Collaboration with Harrah Church and beyond to provide resources that enable children, families, and all staff growth opportunities.
- Assessments that enable Harrah Early Learning Center to be accountable and beneficial to quality enhancement and improvement.
- Continued professional development that enables all staff to stay current with early childhood trends.
- A strong commitment to work ethic that adheres to high quality standards and values.